1. Which of the following statement is false?
a. The ventilation system provides oxygen to the animals and evacuates CO2.
b. The ventilation system provides adequate temperature and humidity.
c. The ventilation system reduces the load of ammonia and allergens.
d. The lighting period has minimal impact on the animals.
2. According to the Guide, social animals should be housed in pairs or groups whenever possible. Which of the following is not a good justification for housing animals by themselves?
3. Which of the following is true of the dog exercise program mandated by the USDA Animal Welfare Act regulations?
a. The veterinarian cannot exempt an animal, even for medical reasons.
b. Dogs must be provided additional exercise regardless of the floor area of the cage.
c. The veterinarian can exempt an animal for scientific reasons.
d. The IACUC can exempt an animal for scientific reasons.
4. Which of the following statement is false?
a. Conditioning gradually the animals to being manipulated helps reduce the stress.
b. An acclimatization period of 7 days is usually offered to the animals following arrival to the facility.
c. Avoiding changes in the animalís environment reduces the stress.
d. Stress has only a minimal impact on the animal physiology.
5. Which of the following statement is false?
a. Disinfectants must be applied on cleaned surfaces for approximately 20 minutes.
b. Frequently removing dirty bedding helps in reducing the microbiological load of the environment.
c. Disinfectants used in animal facilities are considered as hazardous chemicals
d. Personnel and equipment are usually not considered as vectors for cross-contamination.